Happy Self Love Saturday!
A couple videos ago, I asked you guys to leave me a comment with some of your video ideas or suggestions that you’d like to see from me and one comment was from RochelleSays asking for “the important lessons I learned in my 20’s.” I thought this was a great suggestion! I loved my 20’s, I’ve grown so much in the last decade and learnt a lot of valuable lessons, there was too many to put in one video but here it is, just some of the most important lessons that I learned in my 20’s.
- Trust Yourself: It took me a long time to learn to trust my voice and my ideas and my plans. The more I learned to trust myself, the more my life started to come together.
- Not All Friendships Are Forever: I started my 20’s with close friendships that didn’t last me the entire decade, and the guilt and the anger took a toll on me. I’m not sure why I put this expectation on myself that these friends were supposed to be with me forever, but as I evolved I realized some friends are only meant to last one season and THAT’S OKAY. Enjoy the lessons, the jokes and good times with them and if it doesn’t go any further than that, you’re not a bad person, you’re just growing up.
- You Can’t Eat Everything: It took me awhile to realize that I was no longer a teenager, in the early half of my 20’s I was barely working out and just eating whatever I wanted and I gained a lot of weight. By time I was 25 I felt like I looked completely different and it was simply because I wasn’t taking care of myself. I had to take the time to learn my body, understand my habits and start to respect the body that I was in.
- You Control Your Beauty: Within my 20’s I learned (and I’m still learning) that my “beauty” was in my hands. Yes there was your God given genetics that played a hand too, but it wasn’t as big as I thought it was, because I realized that when I started to treat myself right, with healthy food, meditation, prayer and exercise than I felt better. And feeling better made my naturally look better and that made me want to dress better and it went on and on. And this became “the beauty” that people began to see and react to. I was in control of my beauty.
- What Do You Want?: One day I asked myself this question, like seriously, WHAT DID I WANT? And I wrote it out, I brainstormed, I dreamed and I took the time to let it really come together and once I finally had it all written out, I looked at it clearly and then I began the process of executing.
- Being You Is Enough: This was hands down the most important lesson I learnt within my 20’s. I took the leap of faith on MYSELF. I started to believe in me, and accept myself for who I am and just be 100% me all the time. Sometimes were tough but in the end, I felt better and life seemed to work out better the more I was myself.
Tell me in the comments below what lessons you’ve learnt so far in your 20’s or if you’re out of your 20’s what lessons did you learn?